Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Pop...We all miss you!

As a tribute to the best grandfather a man could have I just want to wish my grandfather, James Frank Huff, or Pop as I knew him a happy birthday. He would have been 105 years young. Not only was he my mom's father, but he was my inspiration. I grew up going to my grandparents house during the summer, he tought me how to shoot, he taught me how to shell pecans, look after a garden, and how to be a good kid. I miss sneaking lemon drops from his candy jar, grabbing poundcake from the counter - while watching out for him not to catch me, eating his beloved Pringle chips, devouring his great fried okra. The list goes on.

So on this day...Happy Birthday Pop! We all miss you, I miss you everyday, but I know that I will one day hold your hand again in heaven. I love you.



No comments: